Tuesday 22 May 2012

Forum Banner

I'm really in to the Aquarium hobby, and there are a couple of forums that I use regularly. The main one of which needed an over haul and a new look, and so I volunteered to do art for the forum banner.
Here was the final piece on it's own:


Which compared to other betta paintings that I've done in the past, it's a lot more simplistic. This is because it's viewed considerably smaller than my other paintings.
The concept behind the smoking tail was despite our forum being hacked and taken down, we just came back. The forum admin and other members though the concept of a phoenix fish was a good one, and so that's what I went with.

The smoke was done using this fantastic brush set by eMelody over on Deviant Art.

And here's what it looks like in action, after being merged with the text. Rusty, our forum Admin did a great job with it, and I'm really chuffed with how it's turned out, which is quite a rarity for me!


And this is where you can find it: The Fish Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment